- Household furnishings such as chairs, sofas, rugs and other miscellaneous items
- Picked up curb side on alternate Mondays and Thursdays, bi-weekly
- Newspapers in brown bag - not commingled with other paper
- Cardboard boxes broken down and stacked, then tied with cord
- The residue of mixed paper in a plastic container
- Glass bottles and jars, cans, all plastic containers numbered 1 through 7
- All containers must be rinsed
- Picked up on alternating Wednesdays. Place at curb in hard receptacles, not in Plastic Bags
- Washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, air conditioners and miscellaneous metal items
- The DPW will schedule a pick up of these items. Call 201-592-5790; leave your name, phone number, and address where the items are to be picked up.
- Branches, brush, clippings
- Pick ups are on alternating Mondays unless there is a Holiday. Refer to the pick-up schedule in the Community Calendar or on the Web-site. This service is available March through November of the calendar year. Do not place in Plastic Bags.
- Can be raked into piles at the curb from October through December. Do not place in Plastic Bags.
- All electronics (televisions, computers, monitors, printers, fax machines) must be recycled. They can be brought to the DPW garage on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 8AM-3PM.
- See the Borough Calendar (thanks to the BOE) to confirm pick up dates.
- See the Borough web site for updates
- Read the Recycling Ordinances in the Municipal Code.